Thursday, March 7, 2013

Cant wait for summer and cheesy mac bites

      Plans, Plans and more plans! Too bad there mostly for summer and the fact I cant wait for it to be warm out isn't great either. First plan on the list is kickboxing, its a 5 days a week for 10 weeks program. Its going to be awesome. its also ends in may which is perfect timing for beach weather and the next plan on the list. Bonnaroo!!!!!!!!!!!!!  Even all those exclamation points can not express the excitement I have built up. June 12th cant not come fast enough, which is the day we leave and also is my birthday. If you don't know what Bonnaroo is then look it up. Its one of the best music festivals ever held in Tennessee. Next on the list is a softball league with a bunch of my friends. Use to play when I was younger and loved it. Was pretty good at it if I do say so myself. I'm just hoping summer is nice but not a sauna. Last thing I want is it to be a million degrees out when I need to be on a softball field. What else, how bout training for a triathlon! Nope I'm not joking. A few weeks into my kickboxing class I plan on starting to train for a triathlon. Have I ever done something like this before? Nope. Brand new to this whole thing but I'm sure Ill get the hang of a routine quickly. I have all the things I need right here in the complex. A pool to do laps in, a 2 mile lap around and a bike. Not a very great bike but nothing I cant eventually replace when I need it. Now all I have to do is find a race semi near by and start training.
     Today started out OK, woke up to it snowing again. Not my ideal way to wake up when summer weather is sitting in the back of my mind. But there is nothing I can do except wait or runaway until may. and the latter isn't really an option. So what do I do. Recipe experiment of course. Mac and cheese... Hmmm what do. I look in the freezer and found fillo dough. How about mac and cheese bites. Sounds delicious to me, I don't need any other excuse to try it.


Mac and Cheese Bites

`By a box of your favorite mac and cheese and make as directed. set aside
`buy pre made fillo dough, let thaw if frozen and roll out onto a flat surface
`melt 3 table spoons of butter.
`brush a small amount of butter on top of dough
`depending on size of dough place a spoon full of mac and cheese in different spots on the dough with at least 2 inches in between
`take a knife and cut in the middle of the piles so you have squares
`pull together corners and brush butter on top so it sticks together
`place on baking sheet with tin foil and place in oven at 350* for about 20 minutes or until tops are light brown

Directions are hard to explain with this recipe so here's pictures to show you how






No comments:

Post a Comment