Saturday, April 13, 2013

Set Goals, Be Happy, C'est La Vie

     I am determined to make this summer the best summer ever.. Have I said this before? maybe but i mean it. I have at least one thing planned to do every month until October. Ive mention some of the things before I know that but since then I've added in a few 5ks here and there and also the awesome, Tough Mudder and Warrior Dash races. Both are intense obstacle courses that test your mental and physical strengths. I highly recomend checking them both out. Heading up to New Paltz next weekend and then out to the Hamptons the week after that. Jam packed plans this month, Trying to stay as busy as possible. On my 5th week of kickboxing and Ive noticed a huge difference. Cant wait to see the results when all 10 weeks are over. Just in time for Bonarroo in Tennesee then onto some hard core training after that for these intense races ahead of me.
    So I have a confession to make... I cheated this morning.  I used a Muffin box mix.   I know I know  not so serious  but its cheating in my mind. I only had a few hours until work and a major needed baking session. Since I used a box mix I dont have a recipe right now to post. But I would like to share a few words of wisdom and inspiration. This week has been a long one and has dragged my mood down to the core of misery. Not a place anyone should be in. Everyone has there own way of dealing with things that hurt them. If they work for you and get back on track as quickly as possible then Im happy for you. Thats the main topic Im trying to get at. Happiness.  Dont let anything or anyone take that away from you. Your life is still yours, dont give in to the sadness. Crawling up in a ball in bed wont help anything. Stay active, keep moving, put your energy into something productive. Go out with the people that care the most about you. My favorite saying is C'est La Vie for a reason. Thats life,  it will continue with or without you so are you going to let someone ruin that or are you going to rise above it. Be the stronger person. Find a hobbie, go to your favorite place, take up a sport, set a goal and defeat it. Surprise yourself of what your capable of doing.
     Now with that said. Its Saturday! go out and enjoy it. If your like me and work weekends then put on a happy face and make someone else smile today. Doesnt happen often but making other people laugh is an awesome feeling. Laughter is the best medicine.

No comments:

Post a Comment