Saturday, May 25, 2013

Decisions and Pancakes

    Not too much going on with my life lately, well I take that back. I'm always busy but doing the same things Ive been doing for the past few weeks. Training! Unfortunately kickboxing is officially over. Looking into different classes to take like yoga or even another kickboxing class cause I love it so much. Its Memorial Day weekend and have an awesome way to kick it off by doing another adventure race! This one was called just that long Island adventure race, 5k and obstacles included. If only the weather held up it was a high of 50degrees and raining. Only advantage this gave was that it gave it more mud but other then that, the cold wind I could have done without. Days off from work also mean a delicious breakfast. Egg are a definite but what should I put in it. cheese yes. peppers yes. and I saw leftover steak in the fridge. never had steak and eggs before so here goes nothing. sliced it into thin strips and it was actually pretty delicious in an omelet, side of green tea and there is a great breakfast. A little bit later when that digests slightly I bring out my magic bullet to whip up a smoothie. 1 apple, 1 banana, 1/2 cup yogurt, handful of baby spinach, and a 1/2 cup of oats. Blend it all together and there you have a wonderful drink with also 2 servings of fruit and 1 vegetable! Its a meal replacement as well.
       Recently I went out a few friends and made a pretty big decision for myself, ready?.... No alcohol for a whole month. No wine after work or with dinner, no crazy ladies nights, not one drop for one month. And what happens in one month? that would be my birthday and the beginning of Bonnaroo!!! Perfect timing, so here I go. what will this accomplish. It'll help my training to slim down and be jacked, It'll put more cash in my pocket, and that's really about it besides being healthier. Its been a lot easier then I thought it would be. Not saying that I was an Alcoholic before this, I'm just saying that I loved to drink. Having a glass of wine after work was delicious. Only a couple more weeks left and feel good about it.
    So I know I said I would share the party desserts I made a few weeks ago but I really wanted to tell you about these pancakes I just made. With get this.. 3 ingredients. They came out so amazing.


Easy & Healthy Pancakes (yields 8-3'' Pancakes)

~3 Egg whites
~1/2 cup Oats
~1 Banana

Combine all ingredients in a blender and you have yourself pancake batter. Cant get easier then that.
The taste of the banana isn't over whelming either, So soft and fluffy as well. Enjoy and protein packed delicious breakfast anytime!

No comments:

Post a Comment