Sunday, February 10, 2013

Free! Free at Last!.. and Jumping Jack Flash

      Finally! The plows have come to save us. I was starting to think they forgot about us but as of 3pm today my car is officially drivable. Which is great not just for my sanity but for my place of work that I have to be at at 7am! My day consisted of shoveling again, and more shoveling and o ya more shoveling! With tempuratures rising and a major physical workout I was doing, lets just say my clothes were no longer dry. With a shovel in my hand, head phones blasting my favorite playlist all I can say is,  no one get in my way cause Im on a mission. Freedom! Once that shovel hit pavement the hallelujah sound rang in my mind, nothing was stopping me now.
     Unfortunatly food wasnt on my agenda today. Snacks were the main dish all day long in this house hold. Open the fridge I spot cressent rolls and mini cocktail wienies, you can probably already guess where this is heading. Also grabbing some cheese, I then start to roll the wienies and cheese inside the cressent rolls. easy as that. bake for how ever long the instructions call for (usually 10-15 minutes). Since the recipe was slacking a little today ill share another thing that controls my life lately. A workout routine! Do I LOVE food, duhh who doesnt but with making so many cookies and baked goods I also need keep up my physical apperance. This is when the title comes alive. This is my Jumping Jack Flash workout routine. hmm Does it consist of jumping jacks? YES and a lot of them. So here we go!!

Depending on how physically fit you are, obviously adjust the number to your ability. But also dont sell yourself short! push yourself. this is a workout its not suppose to be easy.....

~50 Jumping Jacks
~30 Bicycle crunches
~50 Jumping Jacks
~20 Leg lifts (I hold onto the bottom of the couch or anything inmovable to help)
~50 Jumping Jacks
~10 ea. Leg lunges
~50 Jumping Jacks
~20 Plea squats (like normal squats but with your legs out wider)
~50 Jumping Jacks
~20 Sitting twist (sit up position and twist left to right)
~50 Jumping Jacks
~Last is my specialty get down on all fours hands and knees, this is called doggie leg lifts cause you look like a dog peeing. (only way I can explain it easily) do 10 for ea. leg, just lift your leg with knee bent 90*, youll feel it in your bum
~ next stay on your hands and knees and do a back kick the higher you go the more youll feel it! Do 10 for ea leg for that too. and repeat  so a total of 20 doggie and 20 back kicks
~Finish it off with 50 more Jumping Jacks!!
 If your feeling ambitious do all the in between excercises one more time each.

No comments:

Post a Comment