Thursday, February 21, 2013

Im back! with Cherry Chicken Spirals

 Longest two weeks, Feels like it took forever but I'm back. What have I done since the blizzard. I'm sure your all dying to know. Are your ready for it? ...... WORK!  Mostly anyway. Valentines day was fun, ladies night at my favorite bar. Best way I can think of spending a lonely holiday is with your best friends.  Getting ready for my vacation in Disney next week has been driving me crazy. Ive been packed for a week now and just ready to leave already! I need off this island, even if it is only for a few days. Went to my first Basketball game Tuesday, Brooklyn Nets vs. Milwaukee Bucks I have one word to describe it, AMAZING!  Tied up twice and overtime, Last 3 seconds were like slow motion. Joe Johnson shoots, the ball flying in the air, that sweet sound of nothing but net and BAM the buzzer goes off, crowd roars alive. The Nets win an amazing game overall. Last night I went to my first country night with my girls. Line dancing, pickle back shots and bull riding. Yup you heard right, bull riding. Did I do it, Pshh of course I did! Three times in fact. Have the video and bruises to prove it.
    Alright enough about me lets get to the food part.  Chicken, Who doesn't like chicken. Has to be one of the easiest meat to cook with hundred of recipes.. Well here's one of mine, Cherry Chicken Spirals. So easy, not many ingredients cant really go wrong for a delicious dinner.
     

Cherry Chicken Spirals

~Chicken breast (medium size) -1 per person
~Turkey bacon- 2-3 slices each pc. of chicken
~Dried cherries- about a cup depending on amount of chicken
~Honey mustard- 1/2 cup
~Panko bread crumbs -1 cup

`Preheat Oven so 375*
`Cook turkey bacon as instructed on package (dont making them crispy)
`Take the chicken and cover with plastic wrap, grab a meat mallet and pound the chicken until its     about a half an inch or thinner. you want to be able to roll them easily
`Next take half of the honey mustard place in small bowl, mix in cherries and stir until coated
`Place chicken on flat surface, take 2-3 pieces of turkey bacon and cover chicken
`Take a spoon full of cherry mixture and put it in the middle of the chicken pieces
`Roll the chicken until the ends are touching or over lapping
`take the rest of the honey mustard (without cherries) and brush over chicken
`Put Panko bread crumbs into small bowl
`Take chicken spirals and roll in the bread crumbs without unrolling the chicken
`Place seam side down on baking sheet covered with parchment paper or tin foil.
`Bake approx. 30-35 minutes or until chicken is no longer pink inside.

For some extra flavor add some fresh thyme and pepper to the Panko crumbs.
Or for an even healthier verson to save some calories, dont use the bread crumbs at all.
Turkey bacon is half the fat and calories as normal bacon and panko is also less calories with a lighter, crunchier version of bread crumbs.  Ever have tempura? Well thats what panko is..

Enjoy!





1 comment:

  1. Sounds yummy. I might have to try this one. We even have the panko already. And Robert loves cherries. Thanks Burger!

    ReplyDelete