Saturday, February 9, 2013

Snow Stranded Day 2+ Healthy Omelet

      Day 2 of the blizzard of 2013. I am officially stranded. Middle Island got hit with about 2.5-3 ft of snow and no plows have gone by at all..  the only connetion i have with the outside world is the news. Their no help cause they just repeat the same video clip very 10 minutes and call it breaking news. sorry to all the old people in my complex, cause if you get hurt good luck getting any help. We've called three different fire departments this morning, their not answering or they cant do anything. My mothers boyfriend literally slept in his car last night trying to come home from work and couldnt make it. The two of us were shoveling over an hour to get her car out and only got 3ft out the driveway..  well I hope he had warm clothes.
     On a lighter note living on a golf course makes for beautiful pictures and landscapes. Thats about the only good thing I can come up with right now. Just the thought of shoveling this whole day is giving me anxiety. All though it is a pretty extreme workout. Okay thats a second good thing. As far as my food situation goes this morning, breakfast the most important meal of the day. One word PROTEIN! always always always.. Expecially if your working out. what do I have Eggs! and I add one of my favorite foods, avocados. Both are jam packed with protein and good for you. I use only the egg whites so the cholesteral stays low and also the calories get cut in half. As far as avocados go, eat in moteration. Even though its considered "good" fat, its still fat. So I have a half every other day. What to drink, either green tea or half a cup of Silk soymilk. The vanilla taste delicious and even that has 6g of protein as well! For an easy vitamin packed side dish, cut up an orange. breakfast done!

Easy Healthy Egg Omelet
~2 eggs seperated for whites (cook in skillet)
~1/2 avocado (sliced)
~small amount of cheese (any kinda)
~1 orange
~salt/pepper to taste
 
Thats its! Healthy Breakfast Done!

No comments:

Post a Comment