Friday, February 8, 2013

Blizzard Boredum (includes recipe!)

So today starts day one for the blizzard. From the second I woke up the thought of what to do ran though my mind while I lay in bed listening to the freezing rain hitting my window. Forcast?, anywhere from 6-30 inches. HAHAHA thank you so much news channel for your expert guess. I could have told you that. As far as my thought process went the only thing I could come up with so far is not to go outside, thats for sure. My job desided to call me then and tell me to be on standby for tomorrow. Not a big deal in my book besides loosing a few hours in my paycheck. Next, Mother desides to see if i can go to the store for her, Sure i say just becuase it hasnt changed to snow yet. I offer to cook dinner and I start making a list. Just a few things now even though I already know ill grab unnecessary items while there. Strap on my hiking boots and Im oiut the door. Of course the wind and the snow desides to pick up once im out but I have a mission so keep trudging on anyway. Was the trip successful? was until I went out the wrong doors and forgot where I parked! here i am walking around the parking lot with seven filled grossery bags hanging off my arms. also ill add that the wind and snow pellets were heading in the opposite direction I was heading in. Finally Im heading home and start my first project of Strawberry cake cookies, So delicious (ill post the recipe below). Now here i am typing my first post. what is happening later? Philly cheese steak stuffed bell peppers!  Day one during the blizzard became new recipe day.




Strawberry cake cookies

~one box strawberry cake mix
~1teaspoon baking powder
~1/2 teaspoon vanilla
~2 large eggs
~1/3 cup vegetable/canola oil
~1 cup chocolate chips

preheat oven 350' degrees, place parchment paper on a baking sheet and set aside.
mix together cake mix, baking powder in one bowl set side
in a seperate bowl mix together eggs, vanilla, and oil.
pour liquid mixture together with dry ingredients until all dry mixture is no longer seen
for chocolate chips you can add them now or wait til end and place them on top
once the batter is all mixed start to make 2 inch round balls and place on baking sheet
bake for 10-15 minutes or until the cookies have flatten slightly. do now brown or over bake because remember your using cake mix! it will become too gooey.  take out of oven and place on cooling rack. let cool about 10 minutes or until the cookies solidify a little.  Enjoy!


No comments:

Post a Comment